Fire Safety – Plan for a Fire
Every second counts in the event of a fire. Plan and practice home fire drills.
- Draw a map of your home with all doors and windows.
- Share the map with your family.
- Have at least two ways out of each room.
- Pick a place to meet after you escape to check that everyone got out.
- Practice a home fire drill twice a year.
- Check to see that doors and windows open easily.
- Push the smoke alarm button to start the drill.
- Practice feeling your way around in the dark.
- Practice “Get Low and Go” to the nearest exit.
- Teach children to never hide during a fire.
“Have Two Ways Out” public service announcement